Saturday 26 March 2016

Amazon Reviews of Books

I don't like it when authors implore you to review their book on Amazon. Those who didn't really like the book will ignore it, but those who did like it might consequently leave a review. The result is that the overall rating will be skewed upwards. I've even had emails from authors asking me to leave a review!

Amazon reviews are more or less hopeless anyway. The majority of the time people simply leave 5 stars. I have no idea why. Haven't left many reviews on Amazon, but out of 184 novels I've read since 1st Jan 2011, the average score I've given them is 54/100, which equates to 3 stars (3 stars is a score from 41-60 inclusive).

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...