Monday 29 February 2016

Reading novels when I was a child.

It's peculiar, but as an adult I very rarely can be bothered to read a novel again. As a child I used to read the same books over and over and over again, especially Enid Blyton books. Maybe once a year I would read all the famous Five, all the 8 adventure books, the 15 Fatty books etc. And the Narnia and Jennings books over and over again.

I think I perhaps just enjoyed reading children's books vastly more. They were about characters I cared about, which I could visit again in the next book in the series etc.


As an adult there's only a handful I've read a second time. Shogun . . umm . .and I'm struggling to think of anything else.

No comments:

Whodunit

People constantly boast about anticipating the "big reveals" or "whodunnits" in novels and films. But, these big reveals...